Friday, May 31, 2013

Midwest Morris Ale


pinkstreetstreet2ursulasmile
Over the weekend I came across a lively group of Midwest Morris Ale dancers. Morris dancing is folk dancing and has roots in the Cotswold region of England. I learned dancers from across the United States get together over Memorial Day weekend every year. This year Minneapolis was the lucky host state. Friendships are renewed and fun is had by all. I even got to pet Ursula, the magical unicorn.
A side note: If you look closely in the second picture, you will see a bride and groom. They were not as excited about the Morris dancers as I was and even refused the kind offer of a wedding  dance for good luck. Something to do with it possibly being a pagan ritual… Oh well, I see a divorce  or boring life in their future anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment